Announcements and Important Events
Spring Athletic Announcement
The spring athletic season will begin on April 27th.
The final possible contest (tournament) will be on June 20th.
These dates will be adjusted based on any updated CDC recommendations.
No formal or informal practices or gatherings (with or without coach) can occur prior to the spring start date.
Details for each program (contest start dates, min/max contests, tournament eligibility and possibilities) are still being worked out by the MIAA Tournament Management Committee (TMC) and the Board of Directors (BOD).
Current recommendations (if April 27th remains the practice start date):
(There is a conference call on March 24th with the TMC and on March 25th with the BOD to vote on or adjust these recommendations)
• To provide schools with the maximum amount of seasonal play, while keeping the health and safety of the student-athlete in mind the first team competition may not start until after the seventh calendar day after the start of the 2020 spring season. This means that the first contest cannot occur until May 4th.
• The cut-off date for regular season contests will be Wednesday, June 10th.
• The maximum number of regular season competitions for each team will be 12 and the minimum number for tournament participation will be 8. No more than 3 contests can be scheduled per week prior to weather postponements. League contests will receive first priority when rescheduling.
• Tournament qualification specifics: TBD.
• If the season is postponed past April 27th, there will not be a post-season tournament, though a regular season extended until June 20th remains possible.